WE LOVE APPLES…if you have children chances are you have or will be going Apple Picking soon…
GRILLED PORK CHOPS WITH APPLE BOURBON GLAZE (this recipe can be used on other meats as well) serves 4
- 2 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground blk pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 12 oz pork chops (can use bone in or out)
- Olive oil
In a bowl mix together the above ingredients. Brush pork chops with olive oil and press in this mixture to coat. Place in a baking dish, cover and refrigerate 12-24 hours if possible so flavors sink in. (you do not need to wait this long if short on time- at least wait an hour)
Bring Chops to room temperature before cooking
- 1 12oz can thawed Apple juice concentrate
- 1 cup Bourbon
- 3 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1.2 teaspoon kosher salt
Make the glaze: In a medium saucepan add the above & bring to a boil then reduce heat. Simmer to reduce and thicken, about 15 minutes on a medium heat. If you like it spicy add 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper once it is off the heat.
Preheat the grill to 400 degrees. (if cooking inside heat on High) Spray with cooking oil so chops don’t stick. Place chops on the grill and grill for about 5 minutes on each side with cover on. Then brush both sides with glaze and grill another 4 minutes on each side until glaze thickens and chops are cooked.
We like to half and seed apples and grill them to serve with the pork chops
APPLE, GOAT CHEESE, ARUGULA AND PECAN PIZZA…makes 1 pizza (serves 2 as main or 4 with something else)
- Pizza Dough (you can make it or use store bought)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Thinly sliced Granny Smith Apple (other Apple types would work)
- 1/2 Cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup fig preserves
- 6 oz crumbled goat cheese
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 cup toasted pecans (optional)
Pre heat the oven to 450 degrees. If using home made pizza crust bake the crust half way, about 5 minutes.
In a sauté pan heat olive oil and sauté the Apple and red onion until tender.
Spread fig preserves on the crust. Top with Apple/onion mixture & goat cheese and bake.
- if using homemade crust Bake another 5-8 minutes until crust is golden brown and cheese is slightly melted.
- if using store bought crust follow instructions…usually 15 minutes
When Pizza is done top with 1 cup arugula and 1/2 chopped toasted pecans (optional)
- 4 Apples (peel, core and thinly slice should make about 4 cups)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup old fashion oats
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream (optional but very yummy!)
Pre heat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease an 8 inch square pan.
Place apples in the pan.
In a separate bowl combine brown sugar, flour, old fashion oats, softened butter, cinnamon & nutmeg. Sprinkle over apples.
Bake about 30 minutes until top is golden brown and apples are fork tender. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
2 thoughts on “Apples!! Going APPLE Picking???…Recipes to help you use them up!!!”
Great post — looks luck some fun recipes
Sent from my iPhone
Just went apple picking this weekend. Thanks for the ideas of what to do with them!