This is so yummy, “keto” friendly and gluten free. Inspired by a TikTok recipe we saw.
- 1 spaghetti squash halved and seeded
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups shredded pizza cheese blend or mozzarella – 1 cup for the base & 1 cup for on top
- 1 cup shredded parmesan
- 1 cup whole milk or heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Crushed red pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups spinach chiffonade – cut thinly
In a casserole dish place the squash skin side down so the hollowed out center is up. Drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and equally put the parmesan and 1 cup of the shredded mozzarella in each half.
Season the milk or cream with the seasonings and pour half into each squash. Add a cup of spinach to each half and mix with a fork. Top with the rest of the cheese and bake in 400 degree oven covered with tin foil for 30 minutes.
Remove foil and bake 10-15 more minutes to brown the top. Remove and with a fork scrape the squash into strands while mixing with the cheesy spinach sauce. Enjoy!