Watermelon & Tequila Ice pop
Strawberry, Peach & Vodka Pop’s
Simple Ingredients…Fruit, Juice & Booze
You can change the recipe by using alcohol & fruit that you like
Fresh Fruit tastes great but fruit juice can be used to save time
Making a boozy ice pop requires the right balance of booze to juice. (2 cups juice to 2 oz of alcohol seems to work)…if you use too much booze and don’t freeze them long enough (at least 12 hours) you will end up with a slushy (which will also be good just not what you intended).
You can sub in fruit and booze of your choice just keep the ratios in check…these will not get you drunk but perhaps a little buzzed.
Watermelon & Tequila Ice Pops (Vodka or Rum would also work)…
- 4 cups watermelon (chopped in cubes)-should equal around 2 cups
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/3 cup tequila (or alcohol of choice) this is equal to about 2.5 ounces
- Simple syrup (to make use 1/4 cup water , 1/4 cup sugar bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute)
- Blend watermelon and lime juice in a food processor until smooth (strain through a sieve to remove seeds)
- Mix watermelon, tequila and simple syrup together and pour into Popsicle molds- do not add sticks
- Freeze molds for 30-60 minutes then add sticks and freeze for 12-24 hours until frozen. (Keep in mind alcohol does not freeze through) so these will be solid and hold their shape but not rock hard
- recipe from hungrygirlporvida.com
Strawberry, Peach and Vodka pops
- 2 peaches sliced
- 8 medium strawberries, (hulled and sliced-take the green part off)
- 2 cups orange Juice
- 1 oz vodka (you can add up to 2 oz if you want more punch)
- 1 oz Cointreau (if you add more vodka add more Cointreau)
- Blend OJ, peaches, 4 strawberries, Vodka & Cointreau until smooth (there will be some pulp from fruit)
- If there is froth on top skim with spoon and discard
- Fill ice pop molds 3/4 to the top then add in the rest of the chopped strawberries (do not add sticks)
- Freeze for 1 hour, then add sticks, then freeze for at least 12 hours
- recipe from a great site (shutterbean.com)
(A short cut would be to use fruit juice instead of fresh fruit)
Grilled Peaches with Honey
Grilled Peaches with Ricotta and Balsamic Glaze
Farm Stand Peaches
Peaches are one of summer’s most tastiest fruits they also make delicious cocktails!
White Peach Sangria
Servings: 6 Servings
- 1 (750 milliliter) bottle white wine, medium sweetness (don’t use $$ wine-lower priced wines work great)
- 3/4 cup peach flavored vodka (optional-the drink is good with just the wine)
- 3/4 cup peach schnapps
- 6 tablespoons frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 3-4 medium sized peaches pitted and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups of colorful fruit (any fruit works, berries work great)
- In a large pitcher, combine dry white wine, peach vodka, schnapps, lemonade concentrate. Stir until frozen lemonade is melted. Add sliced peaches and other fruits.
- Refrigerate sangria until well chilled, at least 2 hours, or overnight to blend flavors. Serve over ice, and use a slotted spoon to include fruit with each serving.
Bellini…Move over Mimosa and try this delicious and very easy drink instead.
- Champagne or Prosecco
- Top off with Peach juice
Peach Cobbler- One of the easiest recipes we tried
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 tablespoon baking powder
4 cups fresh peach slices
- Ground cinnamon or nutmeg (optional)
- Melt butter in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, salt and milk. Stir until moistened then pour into baking dish (do not stir)
- Bring remaining 1 cup sugar, peaches, lemon juice to a boil over high heat. Stir constantly. Pour into baking dish (do not stir) can sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
- Bake at 375 for 40-45 minutes until golden brown.
- We suggest serving this warm with ice cream however it tastes great at room temperature
Grilled Peaches…you can eat them straight off the grill or top them off with something yummy
- Cut Peaches in half & remove pits
- Brush cut side of peach halves with olive oil and place on grill, cut side down.
- Grill until golden brown and caramelized, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn peach halves over and grill until slightly soft and just warmed through, about 2 minutes longer.
Remove from grill and eat as is or top it off with something delicious… below are some great suggestions…
- Drizzle peaches with honey or agave and top off with fresh berries, ice cream, vanilla yogurt or whipped cream
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze (available at Trader Joe’s) and Ricotta Cheese, garnish with mint
- These are also great chopped up and tossed into a salad